12 november 2008

Chapter X

"Oh, wait. I'm a cyborg not an android, I have no self-destruct buttons. That also means my limbs are intact, attached and I’m ready for action instead of simply lying about. How silly of me! My mother always told me not to get carried away by the thrill of the moment."

This moment of self-reflection allowed him to think of what to do next. After such a jolly jog a short bout of rationalization was called for.

"I'm a sensible person. A sensible person who has just strangled his ex. I'll do what every sensible person would do in my shoes – head to the nearest public house and get wasted."

And he did; after all Jerry was a sensible person. Somewhere around 4 AM he found that even his technologically enhanced body needed some shut-eye. As a sensible person he ordered one final round, said his goodbyes and stepped out into the cold night oblivious to the dangers it contained. Dangers like muggers, who would relieve him of his change, like aliens who would try to probe him in a way far from sensitive or even large trucks just like the one, which hit him.

Little did he know that his arrival at the local morgue saved the life of an innocent young deer, who would have been hit by the coroner on his way home. Unfortunately she did get hit the next day; however one can only save so many.

Kommentaare ei ole: